Friday, July 27, 2007

Reflection (brief)

29. Wow...it wasn’t too long ago I celebrated my 21st Birthday. Time really passes by quickly.

As I looked back, I'm just amazed at the journey I took. Though I’m may not be as successful as some of my peers but everyday I thank God for all I have…the journey HE’s taking with me and the countless grace of God through the years...

I would never have thought a girl (or wretch) like me...
who ain't pretty;
who has so many imperfections;
who hasn’t got much talents;
who doesn't come from a wealthy family;
who study in notorious neighborhood school;
who is a mediocre students;
who never travel out of Singapore & Malaysia (before 20 years old)

Will be able to…
know & marry a man who fears God;
earn & save enough money to study in Australia;
graduated from university with high distinction;
attained a good & exciting career;
travel & see many countries (in the past 9 years);
settle in San Diego, U.S. (Now)

Nothing of the above is by my own but truly the grace of God! "Grace is God's favor bestowed on undeserving people."

I didn’t search for God but HE found me 9 years ago and begins to pour his blessing into my life.

Never one day in the last 9 years have I regretted accepting Jesus…
He changed my life;
He fills my life with hope, joy, peace & love;
He's writing beautiful stories in my life everyday;
He's always there for me (in good & bad times).

Thank you, Jesus!

Last but not least, I’m thankful that I was born in my family. It wasn't perfect but I am who I am today party because of my mum & dad. Thank you Mum & dad for having me & raising me up. I love you both!

My past makes me who I am today! I once was ashamed of my background & past but I realized it uncovered God's amazing grace.


Happy Birthday, CaRoL!

.

1 comment:

jasmine said...

Hey Carol,
this is a really powerful testimony!
Very powerful... may God use it for his glory!